Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Day 2: In the Groove

Well, another day down, and I gotta say, this isn't so bad yet. For lunch, I had a pork steak, a chicken breast, a hot dog, and a sausage. Plus, the requisite water of course. This was actually my favorite meal of the week so far. I sat with a different set of people at lunch this time, and again had to explain why I was taking a picture of my food and why it was all meat. When I started this, I wasn't sure how many people I'd tell about it, but it does seem to be a good conversation starter. Here is my lunch:



At dinner, I had a heaping plate of tri tip, and some great prosciutto-stuffed chicken. I then followed that up with some shredded fish that is normally reserved as a burrito ingredient. This was actually the first meal that I actually thought I might be getting a little sick of meat, but I got over it and realized I love meat! There were a couple of bites that seemed a little different tasting, and I wasn't sure whether it was my changing body chemistry or that the bite just was a little different. Time will tell, I suppose. And of course, here is my dinner:



The hardest part today was continuing to drink nothing but water, but Chris says this will only help my cause, so maybe it is a good thing. I'm also beginning to realize that I drink a lot at work more to occupy myself than because I'm thirsty, and that I can drink water a lot faster than I can drink Diet Rockstar. Also probably a good thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger ubragg said...

There were a couple of bytes that tasted almost sour I think... but wait, I'm allowed to flavor my food? Well that certainly opens things up for me! By the way are pork rinds fair game?

Rob, I think week of no meat would be a bet I wouldn't be able to win. :)

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home