Monday, March 14, 2005

Day 1: Kickoff

So today was the first day of the Week of Meat. Sean joined me for lunch at work -- I don't usually eat breakfast -- and I had my first meal. It consisted of a nice heaping assortment of burrito contents: carnitas, carne asada, and roasted chicken. I usually eat this with plenty of guacamole, salsa, lettuce, and cheese, but not today. The only thing I got to go with it was water. The meal turned out to be a little more dry than I had hoped, but it wasn't bad. Here are some pictures of Sean and I with my first meal of the week. Note the ample amounts of carbs on Sean's plate:


and a close-up of the meal itself:


After lunch, and throughout the day, I was tempted to go get a nice flavorful beverage. I'd walk over to the break area, reach for something tasty, and then remember I could only have water. I probably drank about 8 bottles of water today, more than I usually drink in a week.

For dinner, I had some great fish along with some more of the same chicken that I had at lunch. I also had the pleasure of explaining to a bunch of my coworkers what I was doing and why I had to run back to my office to grab my camera just so I could take a picture of my meal. They were amused. When I finished that plate of fish and chicken, I was still hungry, so I got a second plate, this time with another pile of carne asada, same as what I had for lunch. It was pretty good, but I can already tell it is going to get old if I don't mix in some more variety. Here are some pics of my dinner:



So today went pretty well, except that at this point, I have very little energy. I'm not sure whether it is because of my all-meat diet or because I just worked for 12 hours without a significant break, but in either case, I'm going to call it a day. I'll know in the morning whether I've already gone too far with this. I'll probably have a midnight hot dog before bed tonight, though! I guess I can say so far, so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home